Classic Wallabies Inc. is seeking expressions of interest for the position of General Manager.
This role is responsible for growing the Classic Wallabies brand into a self-sustaining business entity that can work with different stakeholders, including Rugby Australia (Rugby AU), ARF Australian Rugby Foundation) and RUPA (Rugby Union Player’s Association) to influence, develop, and assist the sport of rugby across Australia. Moreover, the successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic direction, commercial strategies, program development, day to day operations, financial management and external/community relations of the Classic Wallabies.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the Classic Wallabies
- Develop and maintain a world class alumni data base; ensuring the Classic Wallabies fraternity remain engaged with, and advocate for the game both nationally and internationally
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of Classic Wallabies and other key rugby stakeholders, the general public, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
- Strengthen the ties between the Classic Wallabies, community/grassroots rugby, and Rugby AU
- Work closely with the CEO of Rugby AU to support Rugby AU’s vision to, ‘Make Rugby a Game for All’ and support the growth of Rugby Union in Australia
- Develop relationships with all relevant Rugby AU Departments to establish protocols to engage Classic Wallabies at launches, media conferences, corporate functions etc
- Secure and maintaining commercial opportunities for the Classic Wallabies and work with the ARF to help identify and subsequently close on donations from major donor prospects
- Oversee and manage an annual operating budget, developed by the Head of Operations
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships between current and potential sponsors, government funding bodies and other revenue providers to ensure the continued funding of the program
- Develop and enhance a spirit of camaraderie by managing the facilitation of functions, events, support and communications to bring members together
- Manage the support process for Classic Wallabies members in adverse times, by engaging the alumni group
- Ensure the coordinate the support of the Classic Wallabies as ‘Ambassadors’, to achieve positive outcomes for the whole of game, in the areas of player welfare, community rugby etc
- Ensure that the rugby community and stakeholders are continually fully informed of the missions, goals and achievements of the Classic Wallabies
- Establish and maintain links with overseas past Players Association, including Pacific Rugby Players, the Classic All Blacks and the Springbok Legends.
- Oversee the ‘Hall of Fame’ process
- Work collaboratively with the Rugby AU’s Archive Manager to help collect data and memorabilia sourced through Classic Wallabies
- Manage and coordinate all interactions with the Classic Wallabies Board.
To be successful you will need to have:
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skill in marketing, networking and community engagement
- Commercial astuteness
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to manage relationships
- Project management skills – ability to manage multiple projects over multiple time-horizons simultaneously
- Budget management experience
- Knowledge of and experience in the Australian Rugby landscape
- Proven experience in the strategic planning process
- Experience in reporting to a Board
To apply please send your CV and cover letter supporting your application to email@example.com. Applications close 2nd October 2019.